Subject: Re: [Leica] Hypothetical.....
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:44:38 -0500

on 3/6/02 5:03 AM, Karina Klaas at shutterbug@iinet.net.au wrote:

> What would happen and how would you feel if Leica went bankrupt tomorrow?
>
> Do you have everything you need and would the value of what you have
> increase/decrease?
>
> This is a hypothetical...not intended to create chaos/rumours.
>
> Judging by the intense following, I would think this would not pass without
> a monumental wake.....
>
> Karina
>
> --

Karina,

A better question might be; if all your Leica equipment were stolen and you
had no insurance, would you replace it with the same?  After all if the
company disappeared tomorrow you would still have the equipment in hand that
you had in the past decided to use and the effect on you would be minimal.

Major result from you scenario would be that all those emails about the M7
would be wasted due to the unavailability of the new Leica offering.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander