Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL 40mm Summicron on other M-mount cameras
From: "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:08:35 -0500

Hi,

I have heard the same thing. I have the Minolta 40 mm lens which was
made for the CL. I use it on my M6 all the time and it works just fine.
I have taken many excellent images with it. I know this isn't the lens
you asked about, but if my experience is of any help then fine. The real
issue is that it brings up the 50 mm frame lines on an M6. With my eyes
and eye glasses it just happens that the edges of the viewfinder comes
very close to the field of view of a 40 mm lens. If I just plain stop
fretting and shoot it works out fine. If I start to think about it then
things get bollixed up. If you need more precision you can always use
the frame line preview lever to bring up the 35mm frame. That is very
close to the field of view for a 40 mm lens.

Is all this a a kluge and a bit of a bother? Of course it is. Would I
use this set up if my life depended on precise framing. Probably not.
But at the yard sale price I paid for that lens who cares.

Barney

Barney