Subject: [Leica] Re: Tim Atherton and his on-list insults - was RE: M3 and airport security
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:04:40 -0600

B.D.:

>It would seem
>to me that whoever was watching the screen as the bag rolled past would
>simply ask a colleague to step over and take a look

You're making an assumption that we have conscientious people on the job who
are well trained and equipped so that they can be successful.  I don't think
that's a valid assumption.  :)

When a metal detector can be unplugged for several hours after who knows how
many people went through it at a major airport, I'd say that's more proof
that the security measures are just a good political show.

Eric

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: Tim Atherton and his on-list insults - was RE: [Leica] M3 and airport security)