Subject: Re: [Leica] noctilux versions
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 21:14:53

The Noctilux subject is present in few Erwin publications:
- - Newsletter 43 (Dec 13 2001) with main subject Noctilux vs Cannon 50/1
- - Newsletter 49 (Dec 26 2001) Is Noctilux realy 1.0 lens?
- - Newsletter 5/22 (Sep 4 2001) Noct vs other Leica lenses stopping down
- - NewsletterDigest 1 (Sep 6 2001) Is Noctilux really obscuring viewfinder?
- - NewsletterDigest 4 (Sep 6 2001) Noctilux has to be approached from
different angles.
- -His “Photo Technique” article about “King of the night”. There are few
whole page photos made at f1, one is made at f5.6. The first photo is of
black child, greatly captured by Tina. Here Erwin tries to explain special
view of Noct images, many lens optical “defects” and as a result Noct micro
vs macro contrast.
- - There is of course his web site and book.
“Photo Technique” article is the best IMHO.

Victor

Dennis asked: