Subject: Re: [Leica] **Bessa-T w/Noctilux**
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:48:01 -0800

>>From: "Grant Heffernan" <streetphoto1975@hotmail.com>
>>I have a question regarding the use of a Noct (or any 50mm M mount lens for
>>that matter) on the Bessa-T...

>If I remeber correctly (check the archive), I think that the noctilux would
>obstruct the RF of the Bessa T and thus is not usable on that body
>logan.

In that case, you might want to mount the Noctilux on a Bessa L, where
rangefinder obstruction is not an issue. ;)

Kidding aside, using the Noctilux on a Bessa T sounds like a very bad idea
to me: when shooting wide open, the depth of field is so shallow that even
a small change of distance between you and your subject, which can easily
occur when you shift your eye from the RF to the external VF, will mean
that the point you originally focused on is out of focus on the negative.

This has happened to me when shooting with a IIIf/Jupiter 9 combo at f/2.
In the second or two it took me to move my eye from the RF of the camera to
the external VF, I had moved enough to change the point of focus.

Just my .03¢ (inflation, you know).

Guy