Subject: Re: [Leica] Official soft release
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:20:07 -0600

derek@zeanah.com (Derek Zeanah)3/7/023:16 PM

> I'd still prefer to sell my stuff one-on-one though.

I too would love to have the ideal used photo gear shop in my
town, or within an hour drive. But alas I do not. One of the two
shops that carried (limited) Leica used gear told me, regarding
their lack of used Leica inventory, a couple months ago,
"everyone's selling it all on e**y." Their used cases now lack
any interest. The other shop in town has some gear but at
outrageous prices.

Fact: An international market exists on that auction site and if
you wish to buy or sell something within a week. You can do it.

Also, I'd have to spend a fortune on phone calls, and or driving
to exotic shop locations to locate some of the gear that I have
paid very little for at auction. Most recently a viewing bellows
with magnifying ocular for my 5x7 Linhof Tech V for under $60
(hardware mint, bellows trashed, sewed up a new bellows in an
evening) and now have a many $$ accessory which I've been looking
for decades - no more head under the black cloth. The likelyhood
of running across one of these in a used case - next to nil. The
seller was in the UK.

George