Subject: Re: [Leica] Real M7 discussion of lag time
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:32:42 -0800 (PST)

> Actually if you don't know anything at all about release
> lag you'll never
> know whether or not it makes any difference, therefore
> you wont waste time
> trying to outthink your human reaction time and have it
> get in the way of
> capturing good action pictures. :-)
>
> It works like this, "what you don't know wont hurt you."
> By the same token
> knowing something, "shutter release lagtime" can hurt you
> because you'll
> start thinking about that and probably miss more pictures
> because you're
> trying to shoot before the action happens... ERGO...
> missing the peak
> action.
>
> Heck I never knew there was such a thing after 45 years
> as a professional
> shooter until I began learning things like that on the
> LUG. And I damn near
> screwed up a few shoots when I began
> thinking........."Now I better watch
> for the lagtime and shoot & allow for etc etc etc etc....
> more BS!"
>
> Hell forget it and just shoot by your instinct and
> re-action, as thinking
> about it takes up thought processing time, slowing down
> your ability to
> instantly re-act to the moment without thinking.
> ted
>
> Ted Grant Photography Limited
> www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

    You have been doing by experience all that is necessary
for your shooting.  That doesn't mean it didn't exist or
that you weren't allowing for it.  You probably just never
stopped to analyse ( or over-analyse ) what you were doing.

    I think the hunting analogy is probably closest.  With
a little experience, you learn to lead.