Subject: Re: [Leica] Old Leica III? serial number 971xxx
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 17:33:17 -0600

It is a Leica IIIg made in 1959 Happy shooting! it is the last of the SM
Leicas and quite a desirable camera. The Hektor is a good performer though a
bit long for day-to-day use.

Condition and originality being everything to Leica collectors, the camera
in average user shape appears to be bringing $500 +/- to $700 on ebay. The
lens $75-125. MINT BOXED original cameras with all papers and not a mark on
them sell for 3-4x the price

Should your firend have any other gift Leicas my birthday isn't far away and
I am a nice guy...

I would buy a Kobalux 28 a CV 50 1.5 and perhaps a 90 CV and you would have
a very very good outfit for most normal photographic situations

www.kobalux.com
www.cameraquest.com