Subject: RE: [Leica] Bad Ebay Experience
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:02:29 -0500

Hi Karina,

That is a VERY nice case!  I'll put that in my list of nice cases if I ever
decide to get a half case, thanks.

His description does not say a thing about you paying anything but the $120
plus $10 shipping...but in his defense, his payment terms do not include
wire transfer, and you may have just had a miscommunication.  You may have
been better sending cash registered.  I have done that many times, to avoid
the bank fees, and they ARE VERY stiff to Germany.  I have never had a
problem, but I make sure I send it only to sellers with perfect feedback,
and it is wrapped very carefully.

There is apparently a way to do direct wire transfers now, without all the
conversion fees and wire fees...I believe it may have been discussed here a
short time ago.  I haven't looked into it yet, but I will soon, as the world
is becoming less global, and more local...and I seem to find great deals in
Germany for used/new camera gear...like an Elinchrom 400ws power pack in new
condition for $500.  Yes, it was 220, but it works perfectly with a 120 to
220 converter that cost $100!

A "friend" of mine in Rome sells a very nice case also.  His eBay ID is
"umana", and he typically has cases listed on eBay.  He also has the web
site www.leicatime.com.  Yes, his prices seem a bit high at times, but he is
negotiable...and can be very reasonable and he is very honest, as well as an
exceptional collection of items for sale.

Another source is http://www.kameraleder.com/ and I can not say anything
good or bad about these cases.

Regards,

Austin