Subject: Re: [Leica] Real M7 discussion of lag time
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 07:28:09 +0100

Ted,

You are right that perhaps in the concrete picture-taking situation one should
not think about shutter lag, but it is certainly an issue for me when
evaluating cameras. One of things I love most about my Leica Ms is precisely
their extremely short shutter lag which frees me from having to think about it.
But when I use my wife's digital camera which of course has an extremely long
lag compared to an M6, I definitely see the effect of this lag--turned heads,
closed eyes, etc. In fact, I never attempt any "decisive moment" type shots
with such cameras because the failure rate is so high. The same with any P&S
autofocus camera.

I guess Leica has spoiled me in this regard.

Nathan