Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 B&W
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:19:23 -0800

Rei Shinozuka wrote:

> mark,
>
> how about HP5+?  400-speed in 35, 120, 220 and sheet.
>
> they haven't come out with neopan 400 in 220 have they?
>
> -rei

I had bad luck with HP5 way way back like say in the 70's so it's due
for another try.
And how bad could ANY film be in Xtol 1:3?

Now i continue doing certain things with "Tri X" (in name only) pro 320
in 220 format.

I also still in the studio in 220 use Plus X.
Both the Tri x AND plus x do so much better in Xtol 1:3 than in Rodinal
or D76like MQ developers (Rabinol).

I shot a model last weekend with several rolls of Neopan Across 100 and
the 90 apo Asph.

Sometimes I'd switch to a Hasselblad with Zeiss 120 macro Sonnar lens
and 120 Neopan Across 100.
The "big gun".
I only had one roll of 220 Plus X I'd forgotten to stock up.
But we'll see if the ACROS 100 blows it out of the water or what. I did
shoot both.

No 220 means to quick use of 2 120 backs. Doable.
The quickest is the Leica M with new Leica motor M or Rapidwinder.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] 400 B&W)