Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport Hand Check Refused; Film OK
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 20:17:45 -0800

Robert Rose wrote:
>>> I just made a trip between Ontario, California, and Phoenix.  I was
> refused a hand check on my film.  They said they did not care what the
> speed was (it was 800) they were simply not going to do a hand check.
>
> I decided not to even try at Phoenix, I just left the film in the
> camera bag.
>
> The images seem fine, with no visible problems on 4x6 prints.<<<<<<<<

Hi Robert,
Rest easy lad the carry on baggage scanner will not affect your film unless
maybe super high speed 3200 rating. Other than that you can make 16X20
prints and never see anything any more than you can't see it on your 4X6
prints..

I've had 400 film go through a half dozen times before reaching a shoot
destination and never a wiggle on the film at all. Sure if I can get through
with a hand check that's fine, if not, I'm not going to get wet knickers
with worry that some security guy or gal is doing their job.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant