Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Whiteout Problem - The Answer from Leica
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:37:15 -0700

It depends on the age of the M2s. Only the last M2s with a serial number of
around 1 05x xxx and up can have just the six frame mask set installed. You
still have to remove the condenser lens to fit the mask set though. The
earlier cameras require the whole viewfinder be replaced. The early cameras
had a different design of viewfinder masks (it is in a different position).

John Collier