Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Folly
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 13:09:22 -0800 (PST)

Seth,

    I did not live through the horrors of WW 2.  But the
previous generation of my family did.  I fear that the
generations which follow us will not understand that time
because they have no contact with with people who were
involved.
    All of my uncles were in the war.  I listened to their
experiences.  After returning from "my" war, we compared
experiences.
    I fear that a generation whose concept of war is what
they saw on CNN will never understand the realities of WW
2, or Korea, or Viet Nam.