Subject: [Leica] Re: OT - Contax TVS - was Most portable Leica M
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:46:32 -0500

Austin,

I have the original TVS.  I've heard that the TVS II finder is brighter, but I haven't used the other versions of the TVS, so I can't say from personal experience.  The finder in the original TVS is plenty bright enough for me, and I haven't suffered from any deficiency in that area.  The original TVS has the panoramic mode that is lacking in later models.  I was amazed at the quality of print that could be squeezed out of that narrow little ribbon of a negative, although I can't say that I use that feature often.  The TVS certainly cured me of any scepticism I had about the quality of zoom lenses on a point and shoot camera, although much of this may be due to the modest focal length range of the zoom.

Mark