Subject: [Leica] Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:53:48 -0500

Over the past several weeks I have been thinking about selling my two Tom A.
Rapidwinders to replace them with a single Motor M. My thinking was as
follows:

I can use the Motor M single-handed when necessary;

Having the Rapidwinders "permanently attached" to two of my three bodies
adds weight and bulk I don't need to carry around;

While I can shoot rapidly with the Rapidwinders, I often find my thumb
reaching for the shutter advance lever anyway.

So.....I have had the winders off the cameras for a week or so. But
yesterday then went back on and will, essentially, stay there. Why:

I find that the added bulk and weight actually makes the M fit more
comfortably in my relatively large hands - which is why I like the size of
the M 5;

The added weight provides added stability for handholding at slow shutter
speeds;

The Rapidwinder greatly improves grip and stability when shooting
vertically, particularly with a 90 Summicron.

So I may still someday add a Motor M for those occasions when it would be
really helpful for single-handed shooting. But my Rapidwinders are here to
stay.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC)