Subject: Re: [Leica] airport response
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:47:44 -0500 (EST)

yes, presumably, every pass will cumulatively increase film fog by some
measurable amount, maybe 0.01D, maybe 0.10D depending on the film and
many other factors.  i wish i could find a quantitative analysis of the
subject.  it might include delta 3200, ten passes in machine X, process
with unscanned film in a controlled manner, and compare base fog.  if
the difference were 0.01D i personally wouldn't worry about it, if it
were 0.15D (about 1 stop) that would be bad.

- -rei

> From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> The statement that a scanner is good up to a certain ASA is someone's
> determination based on something we will never know...  For how many passes,
> what is the acceptable fog level, does it matter if the film is up high in
> the bag, or down at the bottom...
>
> Austin

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com