Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 21:46:58 -0700

And do not forget the lifetime warranty. I bought my first RapidWinder used.
It is one of the old brass bodied RWs and is about fifteen years old. I
liked it so much I ordered a new one and sent the old one on a demo mission
around Canada and the US. Unfortunately, about three stops in, the handmade
brass gear on the one way clutch spilt and started slipping. I emailed Tom
and asked for another gear/clutch assembly and fully expected to pay for it.
Tom sent it out to me FREE OF CHARGE!!! He assured me that this was normal
policy and not because I am a wonderful person with a certain roguish good
looks.

John Collier