Subject: RE: [Leica] Slightly OT - Kodak rage
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@picturedesk.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 23:50:56 -0700

Funny how the following is reported in the British Journal of Photography,
and yet they do things like dumping Verichrome, or different sizes of sheet
film... Are they just going to make one B&W film in 35mm only, and make it
really well...!

"Kodak planning push on b&w film market

Kodak will deliver significant improvements to the quality of its b&w
film in a move that it says demonstrates its commitment to continued
development in the market.

The company has invested heavily in new technology at its coating plant
in Rochester, New York, and production of b&w film has been switched
over to the new facility. Martin Wood from Kodak UK told BJP that the
performance of the films will not change, but the physical
characteristics of the b&w negatives has been improved, providing better
anti-static protection – on both the face and back of the film. In
addition, there should be an improved batch consistency and fewer
harmful effects on the environment as a result of the new process.

(Read more in this week's printed issue of BJP)"

Tim A

city.com/promos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html