Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:15:32 -0500

> Leica put it there because it correctly deduced that there are morons out
> there who are incapable of sliding the film up onto the sprockets and
> making sure that the film is taking up properly before replacing the base
> and going on to make pictures.

Rolfe,

I doubt Leica redesigned the film take up system because they thought more
MORONS would buy the M6 simply because it had a basket that increased the
speed and ease of loading the film.  MOST people who buy a Leica know what
they are doing, and are hardly MORONs.  I doubt Leica would waste their time
re-designing anything in the M or R series just for MORONs.  You obviously
have a VERY low opinion of both Leica users as well as Leica.  Think about
that, Rolfe.  Even if you don't think about that, you could have made your
point without the name calling.

Austin

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (RE: [Leica] Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC)
Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC)