Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: price of art prints (was re: kyle's fine art)
From: ned@kajabbi.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 06:15:54 -0500

We may spend more on Art than anywhere else in the world but only because
we have more wealth than anyone else. Most of the expenditures come from
PRIVATE funds. In our political system, the government is lobbied intensively
by all sorts of adgends for funds to "save this", "cure that", "fix this",
"improve that" etc. Most of these groups should seek their own funding and
not make it sound that the Government is at fault for those problems.
Meanwhile, the "Arts Lobby" is not as forceful and their program doesn't
gather the loud and sometimes violent participants that others do.
Until the time comes when the average American realizes the importance of
"the Arts", be thankful we have dedicated people with funds to keep The
Arts alive here.