Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Rangefinder Whiteout Problem - The Answer fromLeica
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:43:47 -0700

Hi Marc,

I am feeling quite calm thanks, though I am sure a little single malt can
always improve the situation.

The facts are simple. You cannot write an impartial review if you are
subject to an ongoing NDA. Reviews should be released after a NDA has
expired not written to conform to one. The email suggests that MAYBE Erwin
was subject to a NDA that prevented him from discussing a problem with the
M7. If you are subject to a NDA, you should keep quiet until you are free
from it; and, you should not claim to be able to criticise impartially when
in fact you cannot. You say that he was completely free as of the M7 release
date but the email he posted here SEEMS to imply otherwise.

All I want to know is if Erwin was prevented from including certain negative
material in his M7 review. That has NOT been explained to my knowledge. If
it has, would someone kindly point it out.

John Collier