Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: price of art prints (was re: kyle's fine art)
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:58:24 -0700

> And,more to the point, what we are really talking about is the person who
> says, 'oh, hell, Sam and Jessica, I'll shoot your wedding if you
> just buy my
> film. You don't need to waste all that money on some fancy dancy
> photographer."
>
> And the "fancy dancy photographer" is out a job.
>
> BUT - that's the way the world works.
>
> B. D.

Ha - remember the saga of the family wedding just before Xmas and the
'depressed" wedding photographer. Well, guess what, they decided it really
wasn't worth $xxxx to hire one of the photographers and so they did just as
you say.

And the pictures were CRAP, everyone was going "oh my god..." Luckily my
good lady (and sister of the groom) had badgered and threatened me into to
taking lots of useful cameras and gear. So, with Nikon whirring away (love
that TTL flash guys!) and the Leica snapping away too I took lots of pics
too - et voila - bride and groom were happy, with lovely wedding pix! (OK,
the depressed wedding pro didn't get the shoot either, but maybe she was in
the psych. ward by then...).

tim