Subject: [Leica] Re: scanning MF
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:46:56

Some remarks:
Friend of mine, big fan of russian 6X6 new Kiev and lenses, has developed a
technique with flatbed scanner. He scans 3 layers of  any image and merge
them in Adobe Photoshop. Initially it requires some time to get the
technique right, after while it is a fast process. You  can get better
output then from drum scanner. We have scanned few images in printing shop
and on flatbed scanner to see the diffrence. You can scan any format 35mm,
6x4.5, 6x6, 4x5... His prints are done on Epson 1200.
Ye, you need a computer with processor/video card power.

Victor