Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Robert Stevens Lighthouse NOW .. CARE AND CAUTION!
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:48:43 -0400

Ted:

Even though it looks like I was in the water when I took the picture, this
was an area with a little cove.  I was about four feet from the water in
front of me and about twenty feet from the water to my right, coming from
the ocean.  I was still a little wary of putting my back to it.  I wasn't
worrying about a rogue wave washing me in, but a rogue wave hitting the
rocks to my right and splashing up into the air to soak me and my camera.

I learned another thing in this shoot.  It was about -3 celcius and blowing
twenty to thirty knots, or about 50 kph.  I put my back to the wind and
waves to change from the 35mm Summicron to the 24mm Elmarit.  With my cold
hands and fleece gloves, I darn near dropped the Summicron.  Some of the M
lenses are just too small to grip reliably with cold gloved hands.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/PAW2002/wk10.htm

Regards,

Robert

Replies: Reply from "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com> (Re: [Leica] WAS: Robert Stevens Lighthouse NOW .. CARE AND CAUTION!)