Subject: [Leica] Photographers, unions, anti-trust and media conglomerates (Was price of art prints)
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:04:05 -0700

> > unfortunately, freelance artists can't form unions....
> > thanks to the Sherman
> > Anti-Trust laws
> >
> > tim
>
>     what better reason to support the ASMP ?

Actually, I actively support EP, but ASMP does a good job.

The ASMP kindly signed our open letter to the NYTimes, along with about 500
photojournalists worldwide, as part of our current protest against their
effective lowering of assignment rates (on a rate itself which hasn't
changed in about 20 years...)

for a summary of recent events and actins, courtesy of the ASMP:

http://asmp.org/newsandevents/news/spec2002/coalition.html