Subject: [Leica] re: book publishing (peter miller, where are you?)
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:33:13 -0500

alistar warned:

>The publishing world is a funny place. I'm not sure about china, but in the
medical field, if you have a book accepted by an
>Australian publisher, you will receive royalties for Australia ONLY. ie if
they print and sell your book in the UK or USA,
>you get best wishes  -- therefore at least with medical texts, you need to
have a publisher with houses in UK and USA, so
>that you get royalties from both.

i get royalties from both the us and "overseas" -- but this is something
that's worked out in your contract. however, i think the author was talking
about publishing himself, which would make that irrellivant (sp) what he
needs is distribution. not sure how well you can do on amazon alone, but
somebody needs to do the experiment :-)

we should probably beg for the wisdom of peter miller who does this quite
well himself with his own imprint, silver print press.

kc

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] re: book publishing (peter miller, where are you?))