Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/1.4 vs 75/1.4
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:19:48 +1100

>I never thought I would ask the group to help me pick out a lens - how could
>you - you folks have absolutely now idea of what I like to shoot,etc etc
>
>BUT I could use some advice about pros and cons of Summilux 50/1.4 v 75/1.4.
>I'm looking for the lens that can use wide open with relative ease of
>focusing on a .58 M    I am thinking of getting rid of my Noctilux and want
>something that will give me a pleasing out of focus area.  Any thoughts.
>
>Also if anyone wants to trade for my noctilux (user condition) let me know.
>
>Thanks - and I promise not to ask such a silly question again
>(till next week)

If you are happy with the perspective of the 50, then the answer is
obvious -- if you want to pull in closer under low light conditions
the 75 may be a better choice. Answer: for me I'd try the 50
summicron, to have the range size and quality, and add the 75 if I
were to do away with my Nocti.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin