Subject: [Leica] Re: lens cap total trivia
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:55:07 -0800

Thanks for bringing up this topic only a LUGger could love. A week ago I
mentioned my early 7007?? M3, purchased from the man who bought it in Berlin
in 1954. A couple months later, he dropped by my office, shook my hand, and
with a little grin, left a metal lens cap in my hand. It fit the collapsible
Summicron 50mm, with the usual "Leica" script on the front. The unusual part
was the black disk on the inside of the cap with "Summicron" printed on it
in silver letters. I've seen a lot of old Leica lens caps, but never one
with a logo on the inside.

Just my addition to lens cap trivia, thankfully a topic lately that is least
vaguely on topic. . .

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger