Subject: [Leica] Afghanistan Pics
From: Weirs99@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:33:45 EST

Frank ... i was taking some shots of kids and the chicken seller came along,
held out the chickens and asked for a photo...

And Alistair...i have the download info for the Family of Man project and
will get round to putting some in! On the subject of getting model releases
in Afghanistan (and foreign lands in general) I never do and never will. My
work is not to be used to advertise a product... The images are what they
are...images of humanity. Even if I wanted to get the subject to sign the
dotted line they (Afghan) almost certainly would not be able to read or write
and guess they would have a problem understanding the concept of the rights
they were signing anyway.

Having said that if a company want to pay me £££/$$$'sss to do a shoot for
them then I won't be saying no. The Afghan project is personal work and if a
book does result a % of the cover price will be going to a UK charity called
Warchild.

Stewart Weir

m: (UK) 07930 605483
e: weirs99@aol.com
w:www.portfolios.com/weir

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons. No new atoms were
destroyed in making this message.

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Afghanistan Pics)