Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanner Suggestions
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:54:16 -0400

John:

I might have confused you.  They were viewing my scans of the slides on the
monitor.  They compared them to the Panatone colours they had on their
system.  The signs were a green with white lettering.  A good colour for
Velvia.

I typically don't shoot Velvia and have preferred Kodak films for most of
my work until Provia 100F came out.  I just ordered my slide film for
Paris.  I am getting E100VS for the overcast days and Provia 100F for the
rest.  I have E200 for the night shots with the Noctilux.

Below is an image I got in Paris at night last year.  It was on E200 and
with the Noctilux wide open.  The scan doesn't do it justice.  I need a
scanner with higher Dmax.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/Misc/Paris0002.jpg

The rest of my Noctilux stuff is here.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Noctilux.htm