Subject: Re: [Leica] 135/3.4 APO Telyt vs 135/2.8 Elmarit
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:00:29 -0500

At 09:12 PM 3/14/02 EST, SthRosner@aol.com wrote:
>.......be nice, Marc. It was a personal statement. I thought we were getting
>over the snide condescension.

Heavens, Seth, where is the personal commentary in BD's post to which I
replied (and which you seem to have missed):

>Soooooo - if one is happy framing and focusing an image about the size of
>the price on a postage stamp, the 135 APO is the way to go. If, on the other
>hand, one wants to really see what one is shooting with a 135, an SLR may
>make a lot more sense than the 135 APO - and one can get a good SLR and a
>terrific 135 for less than one will pay for the 135 APO.

BD seems to be saying that this applies to anyone.  It seems to me that he
is setting out that EVERYONE MUST feel this way.  My suggestion was that
the above statement is less, well, dictatorial and dogmatic if stated as a
personal one along the lines of, "I (BD) have trouble using the 135mm
frame-line" or as a general statement along the lines of, "some folks have
trouble using the 135mm frame-line".  As the statement stands, it sounds as
if BD is stating that the above is the ONLY acceptable way to view the
135mm frame-line.

And, from this dogmatism, I dissent.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315