Subject: Re: [Leica] time warp(ed)
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:27:41 -0800

Sometimes the packets get all uppity and decide to subvert the
shortest-path computations of the Internet backbone routers and
switches.  They are wily, those packets, and sometimes they figure out
how to get a free trip around the planet, sightseeing all the way -
always wondered what it looked like in a switch in Shanghai or a
multiplexed DS3 trunk in Dulles - well, they sometimes get lost too, and
it takes them a long time to find their way back to their home network
segments (other packets generally won't help them because they are
secretly jealous of the free-wheeling ones, and often the wayward
packets are just plain reluctant to ask for directions).  This
gallivanting and getting lost makes them late, hence the perceived delay
in the message.

Or, maybe the email server is just slow - bogged down or crashed, that
could be it too ;)

Cheers!
- - marc

Replies: Reply from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] time warp(ed))