Subject: Re: [Leica] Negative versus Reversal
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:37:23 -0800

Austin,

As far as I know the best C41 processing is the old four steps Kodak
process.
I used others also, like Agfa and Tetenal.
All C41 films are supposed to be processed with same processing times save
some pull/pushing is required.
At a 100 Fahrenheit degrees Kodak recommends

Developer 6' 30''
Bleach 3'15''
Fixer 6'30''
Stabilizer 1'30''

Agitation: I've been using these times, maybe I made a mistake, too much
time without processing by myself, when processing films in stainless steel
reels, plate hangers in stainless steel tanks and racks.
In the developer I used to dip films and tap to dislodge air bubbles, around
four to six immersions for the first 30 sec and then two immersions every 30
sec. Take your films off of each bath 10 seconds earlier to let drain, then
dip into the following solution.
Agitation for Bleach and fix baths are same as developer for the first 30
seconds, then two immersions every 30 sec.
No agitation in stabilizer solution.

Hope this helps, my experience is that the good old four steps C41 is the
best. Also is really good the Tetenal 3 steps. Or two ?

regards

- --
Pablo Kolodny
www.pablokolodny.com