Subject: [Leica] watch out for email from 'Microsoft' - OT
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:27:15 -0500

I just received a most insiduous email, from what looked like Microsoft
Corp.  It starts off with "Bulletin MS02-005.", and purports to describe an
update to "protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most
serious of which
could allow an attacker to run code on your computer.", and goes on in
great details about what these vulnarabilities are.  The email looks very
professional, and even has links back to Microsoft for more information,
copyright notices, etc.

The problem is that the email contains an exe file as an attachment, and
asks you to run it.

I am quite certain that Microsoft will never send attachments to people in
order to get them to update their operating systems.  This email is
undoubtedly a fake, and I most certainly did not download nor run the
attachment.

Please be on guard for this.

Dan C.