Subject: RE: [Leica] LA LUG Goes to ChinaTown
From: "Mehrdad Sadat" <m.sadat@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:00:18 -0800

a lot of fun with good trun out!

Regards, Mehrdad

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Frank
Filippone
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2002 3:17 PM
To: Leica-Users-Group
Subject: [Leica] LA LUG Goes to ChinaTown

Well, there were 12 of us shooting the streets and people of ChinaTown in
Los Angeles......  Looked like a red dot commercial....  We kind of added up
the equipment around the luncheon table.... enough to afford a house.....
DON:T TELL THE WIVES or HUSBANDS!

M6 was the camera of the day, with an M4-2 and a R5 and a pair of Canon
EOS1V seen......  I do not remember an R8, but it might have been hidden
someplace.....  Not too surpriseing, but I never saw a digital anything....

I was shooting TMX100, the other film I heard about included Delta 400,
SLide and print film.... so the results wiull be multi media.....

A nice bright, puffy cloud day.... the people allowed us to shoot informal
portraits, without chasing us for model releases or calling the cops on
us....  We had lunch at a Dim Sum place, the Empress Pavilion.... all 11 of
us at 1 table!  Very nice.....

Lots of good talk, both travel, photographic, and equipment.....  The plan
is to have a follow up print review ( print means whatever you want it to
mean, including B+W, Slides, Computer images, etc.)  Late April or May....
DIrections for what to bring.. a good one a a truly miserable one.... will
follow......  Food will NOT be Chinese.....!

Terry proved his 90AA had a loose iris ring.. expect to see him screaming
for repair soon!

Thanks everyone for coming and having a good time.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net