Subject: RE: [Leica] I am probably crazy, but...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:33:45 -0500

First thought - Be honest - tell them that you know for a fact that no
matter what happens, a number of parents will be disappointed in the results
because Little Noodlekins will roll his or her eyes, or stick out his or her
tongue, as the shutter is snapped. Explain that the reason professionals do
this kind of work is that they can be miles and miles away when the prints
are delivered. And you do not want to do it and end up with some enemies for
life right in your neighborhood - and be firm about it!

That won't work. Okay, then maybe the easiest way to do it is this...Get up
on the roof and shoot down, with the kids all looking UP at you, which takes
care of the raccoon eyes problem...Uses the Nikon with the 24 to 120 - I
know, I know, any parent will know right away that it's not a Lykah image
;-) - so that you can frame them right without falling off the roof....and
shoot an entire roll - a couple rolls if your Nikon has a power winder or
motor drive - that way, if you are very very very lucky, you may get a shot
with almost all the kids looking in the right direction, with almost none of
the kids pretending to have a fit of some sort.:-)

Oh, and kill that mother!!