Subject: [Leica] Ira's PAW 11
From: ISILVERMN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:00:13 EST

My PAW photos for week 11 are up today.

For this week's pictures, I spent a day with the C-V 15mm Heliar mounted on
my M4.

I'm finding that I have to use this lens on a regular basis to stay "current"
so to speak.  If I don't, I find myself standing way too far back from the
subject and have learn to move up.

That wasn't a problem with this week's PAW.  It was taken at local children's
playground, and I was close enough to the subject to risk injury.
<http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=640534>

Alternate 1 is a similar photo taken from a slightly different perspective.
It was a tough call for me to choose between this and the PAW.
<http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=640539>

Finally, for something completely different, I used the 15mm on a 1964
Valiant a friend of mine just bought with plans for restoring.  The
horizontal grille, IMO,  lends itself to the ultrawide treatment.
<http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6640541>

As before, cheap flatbed scanner, no enhancement, but I am learning some of
the "tricks of the trade."

And as always, comments are welcome and encouraged.  Fire away!

Best,

Ira Silverman

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Ira's PAW 11)