Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R6.2 question.
From: "wwk001" <wwk001@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:24:54 +0800

"whirling" sound at 1/250 after tripping the shutter is a design spec for
R6.2. Someone told me that Leica makes this to divide the 'Low Speed' and
'High Speed' mechanical shutter. M6 has a similar sound, but on another
speed other than 1/250.

I use a R6.2, 100/2.8APO with Winder-R and handgrip. I find the quality of
my pictures are not satisfied with low shutter speed (slower than 1/125). I
suspect that the vibration control of R6.2's mechanical shutter is not very
good. I owned R5 and RE before and believe that R5's shutter is better than
R6.2 in this sense, while RE has similar weakness. (Nevertheless, I never
have such problem on AF cameras like Nikon N80/N90)

I am thinking of switching to R8 to overcome this situation, any suggestion
please?

Frank W.

Hong Kong