Subject: Re: [Leica] LA LUG Goes to ChinaTown
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:10:23 -0800

B.D. - As I said before, I never allow the various judges' criteria to taint
my shooting experiences. Some of them are snobs and elitists and I ignore
them and all that they say. Additionally, when using my Leica equipment, I'm
at one with the environment around me and little from previous experiences
affects my shooting episodes. Photographing in that fashion is not unlike
being a child again -- seeing all before and around me from a very fresh,
inquisitive perspective. It is only when I've received my slides from the
lab, and when competition nights approach, that I give any thought to
determining whether or not I might have something that warrants entering
into the competitions. I've received a perfect 9 only once so far but plenty
of 8s. Do I give a damn? No! I'm there primarily to enjoy others' great
images. I don't travel outside of the U.S. and, when their slides' quality
is very good, it is interesting to see others' slides of countries I've not
visited.Close-up photography is another interesting aspect of the
competitions.

Terry