Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica R6.2 question
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:07:28 +1100

Frank W <wwk001@netvigator.com> wrote:

> I use a R6.2, 100/2.8APO with Winder-R and handgrip.
> I find the quality of my pictures are not satisfied
> with low shutter speed (slower than 1/125)

I use my R6.2 a lot with the 100 APO - works fine for
me at slow speeds.  Maybe it's time for your to have
your camera CLA'd?

Also if you shoot hand-held then don't forget camera-shake.
The R6.2 + 100 APO + Winder combo is pretty heavy (> 2 kg!)
and I know I'd find it difficult holding that kind of mass
rock-steady.  Definitely time to use a tripod or at least
monopod.

BTW, it is very easy to pre-release the R6.2's mirror
and get rid of mirror vibration completely, see the couple
of tips I have in the Leica FAQ at:

<http://nemeng.com/leica/009c.shtml>

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth