Subject: Re: [Leica] David Bailey--a dissenting voice
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:30:21 -0500 (EST)

certainly, lots of those shrimpton and mick jagger images--high contrast
medium format tri-x on pure white backgrounds--embodied the zeitgeist of the
60's, but i wouldn't term them "dated."

to me, "dated" are all those 80's color fashion photos where the faces were
sheet white and the shadows were blue, as if they processed expired ektachrome
with an old E6 kit and a really bad dial thermometer.

- -rei

> From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
>
> Commenting on the true innovators appearing dated.  Of course it looks shop
> worn.  The first to do something is breaking all the ground, everyone else
> can polish the original work and make it look better.
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com