Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon lenses on an R8?
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:44:30 -0800 (PST)

> Anyway - I'd like to use this lens with my new R8. Where
> do I look for an
> adapter? I have an existing F to C mount I use for the
> movie camera. There
> must be something similiar for the R's right?
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam
    As Doug has posted, the lens flange to film distance is
different between Nikon and Leica.  The Leica R is .5mm.
longer, to be precise.  ( Hmmmnn, I wonder why someone
would have made THAT decision....)
    As for an adapter, you could probably find a good Nikon
body for less $$s that it would cost to have the lens adapted.