Subject: Re: [Leica] road trip!
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:39:25 -0800 (PST)

- --- Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> wrote:
> for the first time in nearly 15 years I'm planning a road
> trip BY MYSELF to
> visit friends & family in illinois and wisconsin.  My
> itinerary is flexible
Doug,

    Use the 'net and 800 numbers for the tourist info sites
in the states along the way.  Do it early ( now ) because
sometimes it takes several weeks for them to respond.
    There are several intersting sites in Northern Ilinois
along both the Missisissippi and Illinois rivers at the
State and Federal wildlife preserves and sanctuaries.
    My own experience suggests you consider following the
Missouri river to St. Louis and the Illinois river north
from Grafton, IL.  There is a colony of eagles at Castle
Rock state park along the Illinois river.
    And if you want to do landscapes or architecture for a
change of pace, do not ignore many of the preserved
Courthouses and historic places in Misslour, Illinois, Iowa
and Wisconsin.  You are in for a few surprises.....
    If you wish, you may contact me directly for more
specific info about some of these areas.