Subject: RE: [Leica] 50mmDR Summicron for M6
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:39:55 -0600

I have been using a 50mm DR lens on a current version M6TTL with no
problems.

But, I read in a article in the Viewfinder (about two issues ago) that you
must mount it with the lens set on infinity in order not to damage the cam.

I also do not use the lens in the close focus mode or mount the eyes, so
that may be a problem as well on a current M6TTL.

Seth Rosner who is a list member can probably best answer this question if
he is on-line.

Hope this helps.

Tom Henson

Ted Bayer wrote:  << It's stated that not all DR lenses can be fitted on the
M6?
Why and what's the complications here? I'm using M6 Classic, can
anyone offer a clarifications? I presume it's problem-free on M3 and
M4? >>