Subject: Re: [Leica] World's Oldest Photo
From: Michael Bell <mbell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:46:44 -0600

And to think, this photo is normally housed at the Harry Ransom
Center, which is about 500 yards from where I work.  I've pretty much
taken it for granted.  The copy of it included with the story below
is actually easier to view than the real thing.  Hopefully the
planned restoration will do some wonders. The photo is currently
across campus at the LBJ Library with a Guttenberg Bible and other
treasures of the HRC while the HRC is being renovated.

The HRC has quite a collection of historical photographic items, but
most are not readily available to the public.  The renovation in
progress is supposed to make more items accessable.  The David
Douglas Duncan archives are held there as well.

More on the HRC here:  http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/index.html

Mike