Subject: [Leica] R4 manual
From: "Larry Fuller" <merryandbo@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:08:16 -0800

My R4 displays the shutter dial as well as the aperature in 'manual'
mode, as they are supposed to. According to my book, the aperture, in
the bottom center of the screen, is visible all the time in all modes.
The shutter speed, just to the right of aperture, is visible all the
time in T, P, and m modes, but not at all in either A mode.  Mine is
visible in T and m modes, but not in the P mode (a problem that I
believe is not unusual with the R4).

As Doug noted, the exposure lock only works in spot (or selective or AE
aperture priority) mode. The A in the red circle!  When you push the
shutter part way, the red circle light goes out. The R4 is supposed to
hold that reading even though the meter changes and shows the reading of
the area you move to. I believe in the R5 they changed it so that the
meter stays at the selected locked position.

I have a couple books on the R4 in case I can be of any further help.

Bo Fuller
R3 & R4