Subject: Re: [Leica] David Bailey (slight return)
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:20:07 -0800

Sorry about that last email. It was late, and I should of quit while I
was ahead.
Hope this cleaned up version has more sense.
Slobodan Dimitrov

I never liked Sieff's 35mm work. It's too grainy for my taste. Also,
his use of negative space, in an image, made it look like he was winging
it, and out of control. In particular, the _european_style of printing that
dominates Sieff's work, I find it visually abrasive.
On the other hand, Bailey's 120 work is much tighter. I get a sense of
action, even in his portraits, almost of an imminent sense of activity.
But, being predominately a 120 shooter, I realize that I have a bias in
that area.
 Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] XRAY)