Subject: [Leica] Canada build vs German build vs US build vs Japan build
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:41:14 -0800 (PST)

Comparing Toyotas built in USA vs Japan is not quite
the same as comparing Leicas built in Canada vs
Germany.
The stuff I got "made in Canada" are all high quality
stuff. I cannot honestly compare US varieties on par
with our northern neighbors.
Case in point, I have a Classe (Montreal built)
amplifier and pre-amp that's been in use for the last
15 years and to this date, it still sounds sweet and
never ever even blown a fuse. While I vouch for the
Canadian electronics & optics, I cannot say the same
for German electronics. While mechanically German-made
products are very well made, but electronically, I
have my share of problems with the BMW's electronic
gremlins.