Subject: [Leica] Scottish whiskey shortage...Totally off Topic
From: "John Tobias" <johntobias@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:47:30 +0000

As a Native Scot you should realise that "scotch" is a vernacular term for
whiskey used by non-scottish people! what we are talking about here is
finest Scottish whiskey (as opposed to that awful japanese stuff or similar.

If you like Lagavuillin, then try Laphroig, also made with the peaty water
of the island of Islay (pronounced i-la)...not quite as "smokey" flavour but
brilliant none-the-less.

My tipple....well I know an 18yr old Macallan cannot be beaten, its even
better than the 25yr old version (according to the still-man at the
distillery) The secret...they mature it in single-use sherry casks which
impart a very distinctive flavour....try it ...YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED
but for heavens sake add only a tiny bit of water...NOTING ELSE, and
certainly NO ICE!!!!

Enjoy,  its our national drink!

John (in Glasgow, Scotland)